AKA: All the stuff you've wanted to ask but haven't
FAQS FOR MOVIES AT STANWICK LAKES
When do the doors open?
Door will be open around 30 minutes before the screening so that you can get comfortable and settled it.
Can I bring food and drink in?
Of course you can. Bring a picnic and make a day of it. We will also have drinks and snacks available for purchase and the nearby visitors centre sells food too.
What happens if it rain?
This event will go ahead in rain or shine, so be prepared. Only in high winds and heavy rain will we reschedule the event.
How do I find you?
We are located at the Outdoor Theatre in Stanwick Lake. Stanwick Lakes is situated off the Stanwick roundabout on the A45 in East Northamptonshire between Wellingborough (eight miles away) and Thrapston (seven miles away).
The postcode for Sat Nav directions is NN9 6GY.
The theatre is a 5-10 walk from the main carpark. Just head clockwise around the main lake from the visitor centre. We'll have a sign up to help too! If you require assistance please drop us a message.
Is there a parking charge?
No, we offer free parking for anyone attending a screening. When you are leaving site please see a member of the front of house team to validate your ticket.
Do you provide seating?
Our standard tickets do not include seating or picnic blankets. You can bring chairs and blankets of your own, but please be conscientious of blocking others views.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
No, we can scan the QR code off your smartphone.
Are there ID or minimum age requirements to enter the event?
Film Certification Rating will be enforced. i.e 15
No refunds shall be given unless we (Movies by the Lake) reschedule the event because we have deemed the event unsafe and you can't make the new date.
FAQS FOR MOVIES AT HOME
How it works:
• You book the cinema package that works best for you.
• We call you up before your booking dates to confirm all the details
• We arrive with the equipment and set it up for you in your garden.
• You enjoy an outdoor cinema experience at home
• We come and collect it. (Normally the day after your booking ends at a time that suits you.)
• Following a review of the equipment by us to make sure nothing has been damaged you get back the equipment deposit.
• You need to provide the film you want to watch either on Blu-Ray, DVD or other HDMI device. If you would like more information about this please contact us.
How our payment system works:
• When you book your cinema package you pay 20% of the total cost straight away. This secures your dates.
• Within 48hrs of your booking date you must pay the remainder of your balance.
• You will have to pay a damage deposit, this will be refunded back to you on inspection of the equipment at pickup.
What’s is included in the set up?
• A projection screen
• A box containing a projector, Blu-Ray player and speakers (remote controls also included)
• If you’ve added deck chairs to your order, we will bring those too!
I can’t book what do I do?
• Make sure you have the correct dates selected. Using the online system, you cannot book with less than 48hrs notice. However, if you need a last-minute booking please do get in touch with us and we will try to accommodate you.
• If the system is not working for you please try again later and if you are still unable to book please get in touch via the contact us page.